Friday, October 24, 2014

Fall In Love: My Top 10 Fall DIY'S ♡ And A Thank You!

This is just a fun blog post full of beautiful fall diy projects!  However, before I get to the gorgeous photos, I need to tell you something.

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your support, your encouragement and your kind and loving words.  You have made me laugh while tears were streaming down my cheeks!

This business of Domesticraft and everything & everyone that has been a part of it (especially you!) has been such an amazing experience for me Full to the rafters with fun and wonder and learning and growth!  You have moved me on such a core level that I will never be the same. 

It has been an honor having you read my fledgeling blog and be a part of my business and my life.  In sha Allah, (God willing) we will hang out for a long time to come!  Oh, crap . . . here come the tears again!  Moving on!  :)   

#1  Pumpkins, who doesn't love pumpkins?  Check these out! I want everyone to save there stems and send them to me!  I want to make eleventy hundred of these beauties.  You too?  Yeah, I thought so. :)
Sprout Flowers
 "These lush velvet creations are made by hand and crafted with real stems."  I love them even more because of the lovely color desriptions they've used.  Check these out:  Lagoon, sangria, curry and dew. :)

#2 Acorns


Apartment Therapy

Are these not adorable?  I love them and plan to make a lot!  I shamelessly stole a bunch from my grandsons cause they wouldn't just give me all I wanted!  They were only parting with 2 or 3 each!  I know, the little ingrates!   Shhhhh, don't tell them . . . they haven't missed them, yet! 


#3  Free Form Upcycle Art
The Nester
This amazing little art installation is my cup of tea.  It's made from kraft paper and vintage books pages!  I would totally recommend you check out this site, it is AWESOME!  I probably won't have mine coming out of a head though, that's a little creepy to me.  I don't care for creepy.   I think it would be cool to add some color with the changing seasons too!  I can't wait to play with this idea!  

#4   MORE PUMPKINS!      

The Nester
Metallic Linen Pumpkins . . . need I say more?  Like I said, you NEED to check out this site! 
                         

#5  Applique Tree Pillow
Cluck Cluck Sew

Cluck Cluck Sew, I just like saying that! :)  I love doing this kind of applique!  It such a good scrap user upper!  I so enjoy this kind of sewing.  I even like to do this on paper!


#6  Roasted Acorn Squash & Sweet   Potato Soup

Blogging Over Thyme

I made a lot of these types of soup in Jamaica.  Delicious!  Thyme was a staple in a lot of the cooking there and cheap too!  I keep forgetting to buy it up here in Oregon and am sorry every time I do.  I really makes a lovely difference in the soup!  Oh, and don't forget coconut milk, it is a must in any cream soup!


#7  Boot Cuffs


On Sutton Place

From Sweater Sleeves!  Hello, this is genius!  I know you've seen this everywhere, but it still gets me every time.  I hope the person who thought of this is rich. :)  (and sees this post and likes me)

#8 One more Pumpkin (but not just any pumpkin)          


DIY Tutorial Doctor Who Dalek Pumpkin
Sarah Shotts
Pretty freaking cool,huh?  I insist you visit her site!  (She's a very talented friend of mine)  This pumpkin' carvin' thing is just a side deal, I think!  If you like adventure, go . . . and tell her I sent you!

Well that's it for this post!  I know this was supposed to be a top 10 round up, but I forgot to get the site names on 3 of them, and I didn't want to not give them credit. I don't have time to look them up now, cause I'm off to see my sister in the morning! Woot! And that would be bad blog etiquette anyway, and I'm all about good manners. Sarah, the the cool pumpkin lady, shot this DIY to me at the last minute!  Thanks Sarah!  So, my dear friend, I owe you 3 DIY'S.  Remind me, Okay?

xoxoxo
Nancy


M

21 comments:

  1. Love the Pumpkins, is that velvet???!!! The acorns are adorable too!!! Have a great trip! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeppers, the top group of pumpkins are velvet. Aren't they so pretty? Can you believe those boys not sharing? ;) I'll get that book for the book club, sounds good. Yes, I think it's going to be an awesome trip, In sha Allah. ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. That roasted acorn squash and sweet potato soup had me drooling. I think I drooled all over the others :) I love all your choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr. Miller, I left you a big pot of homemade soup! Stop
      drooling and go heat up a bowl! ♡ Miss you Sweetie. :)

      Delete
  4. Love the acorns! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! When I get home, I'm totally going to make these and other similar. Maybe some glitter, maybe some polymer clay?

      Delete
  5. Ma sha Allah awesome. Those pumpkins are awesome. Those pillows are on my to do list indeed. Thanks sis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shukran, Kalimah! You are the queen of pillows! I'm going to try to make some while I'm here at my sister's house! Miss you, girl! ♡

      Delete
  6. Oooooh! The acorns are my favorite. I'll have to start collecting. I've had a thing for acorns ever since Peter Pan gave one to Wendy as a kiss. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to save you some, wait . . . I'll bet you have a lot where you live! If you don't, let me know and I'll hook you up! (The bobo's (grandsons) will never miss 'em)

      I'd forgotton that Peter Pan business, it's been a loooooong time since I've seen that! :)

      Delete
  7. ADORABLE!!! Sarah Shotts is a new-ish friend of mine too, and we have bonded over our love for all things BBC. :) I'm totally trying a couple of these ideas, and also telling my Portland-based sister to find you and get crafty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First, I LOVE your name! Very clever, my girl! Isn't Sarah a good friend to have? Let me know when you try some of these. It would be great if you could take some pics and send them to me, It would be neat to see them! Oh, and l'd love to meet your Portland-based sister! Send her over!

      Delete
  8. Nancy, I got so caught up in visiting links that I forgot to comment! I need your to get your grandkids to find me some acorns! I have a handful, but they are so tiny. I need some big juicy ones. And that soup! I'd probably be the only one to eat it in my house, but I don't see that being a problem. Your missing some mild pacific northwest weather here, are you sure your not ready to come back and craft with me? I need another sewing lesson!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dana! I totally got some acorns for you! Maybe you can come over, we'll make some soup, do some acorn crafts and sew our banoonies off! How does that sound?

      xoxoxo
      Nancy

      Delete
  9. Cute!!! I always love acorn crafts! Hmmmm...I wonder if I can find acorns in my neck of the woods?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trish! Sorry for my pokey response! If you can't find any acorns, just let me know . . . I'm happy to share!

      xoxoxo
      Nancy

      Delete
  10. How cute! I will save all of my pumpkin stems and send them to you. I love acorns too. To me they are a symbol of infinite potential. Gorgeous as usual Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richelle! Would you really send me your pumpkin stems? That is a true friend! I will totally load you up with acorns if you so desire! Thanks for popping by!

      xoxoxo
      Nancy

      Delete
  11. Love your creative sensibility and chat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, I just came back from your blog. You are a stitch . . . yes, pun intended! That was the best quilt blog post EVER! Actually one of the best "crafty" ish posts, even. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and I'm still smiling. I subscribed and will be back for more!

      xoxoxo
      Nancy

      Delete

//