Wednesday, March 25, 2015

What I do at 11o'clock at night instead of sleeping!



That's right!  You got it!  I MAKE STUFF!  I was really winding down for the night, kinda early for a change.  I was talking to some friends earlier today about our sucky schedules and poor eating, sleeping and soda and coffee drinking ways.  But you know what?  That's a whole different blog post!  This one is just pure fun!


So I was scoping out Pinterest, as I like to do before bed and I came across this super cute little pocket in a little passport sized journal!  And I loved it and said to myself . . . "I think I could make something like that"  So, instead of just pinning it to it's appropriate board for later viewing, I decided I wanted to make it now!  I had some paper grocery bags, that I sew up for my packaging, and some cute tissue right within arms reach.  My sewing machines are always at the ready!  So when inspiration hits, sometimes you just gotta go with it, right?  A maker has just gotta MAKE!  Do what you love!


So, what do you think?  I think it turned out pretty dang cute!  As you can see in the photo above I stitched up the short side of the pocket as well.  I did this to make it a true pocket that would hold things more securely.  If I was keeping this pocket, which I'm not, I would punch a couple of holes in it and put it in with my mini journal, which uses binder rings. 


But YOU could do it however you want!  Cause I'm going to give it away.  (Props are so not included, as you know.  It will be the pocket and the little blue journal card in the pocket.)  I will give one away in a random kind of drawing and then whoever orders the Mixed Media &  Scrapbooking Inspiration Kit TODAY ONLY (March 25th) will receive one of these in their Kit!  Hoo & Ray, right!  That's right!  Click here to see all the kit photos and order with the PayPal button in the right sidebar.  Easy Peasy! : )

For the pockets that will go with whomever orders today, I am going to do the inside of the pocket in vintage atlas page paper.  I think that will look pretty cool!


 For the pockets that will go with whomever orders today, I am going to do the inside of the pocket in vintage atlas page paper.  I think that will look pretty cool!

So, for the giveaway, the usual rules will apply.  Comment here, comment there, comment everywhere & share, share, share!  

Thanks so much everybody for your awesome support!  I wish I could have you all over for a big craft happy weekend!  Wouldn't that be amazing!! :) 







CRAFT HAPPY!
 
xoxoxo
NANCY







10 comments:

  1. Oh, I just scrolled back up and saw the Pinterest bar...is that what you do with brown grocery bags?! I wouldn't ever open the package, it would be bad karma to destroy such lovely wrapping <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Susan!

      I usually try to make the packaging reusable for the receiver if the choose to save it. Sometimes I think I like to make the packaging even more than the craft! :)

      CRAFT HAPPY!

      NANCY

      Delete
  2. I ❤️ this so much!!! ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Shauna!

      Me too! Isn't the little Raggedy Andy the sweetest?! I'm glad you are going to receive the little pocket card too! ♡

      CRAFT HAPPY!

      NANCY

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi, Lisa!

      Thanks so much! Sometimes Pinterest just makes me be all cute and creative even when it's totally not planned, ya know? :)

      I'm so glad you stopped by! You are totally entered in the contest AND you can still get one in a kit today too! Yay! ♡

      CRAFT HAPPY!

      NANCY

      Delete
  4. I LOVE your pocket cards and photos! I keep the "JOY" card on my nightstand and it makes me smile every time I see it :) Great blog and fun, colorful and creative photos.....as always! ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sis!

      You are so sweet and bring me untold JOY! Thanks for being my biggest fan! ♡♡♡

      CRAFT HAPPY!

      NANCY

      Delete
  5. Saw the post via FB this morning and came back...the rag doll cut out keeps grabbing my eye I think because my Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls were childhood favorites along with my Mrs. Beasley doll <3 Happy memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Susan!

      Super cute, isn't he? But he's not a cutout, he's an actual, stuffed little doll! He's rather "flat" from being so old though. . . kind of lost his "pouffy", ya know? Oh, and Mrs. Beasley, wasn't she the cutest? ♡

      CRAFT HAPPY!

      NANCY

      Delete

//