Saturday, May 3, 2014

What are you making today?

What the heck happened to the sunshine?  That was so nice why it lasted, wasn't it?  Moving on . . .

So, here is what I'll be doing instead of picnicking and napping in the sun.  This pic is of one of the projects I'm working on. This is my early morning crafty beginnings to my day.  Coffee, notes, some nuts & my project.  (my laptop, with Pinterest is to the left of the shot)  I am making curtains for the studio from ripped strips of vintage sheets, & yep, I got this idea from Pinterest.  I am going to make them into a banner of sorts and hang them from all the windows in lieu of traditional window dressings.  The view outside is too pretty to cover up and I want all the natural light as possible in the studio.  
Early morning craftiness bliss.
This adorable bunting is from the Etsy shop, Distressed Beautiful.  Isn't it cute?  (I love her granny square stuff too and of course, anything made with vintage sheets.)  It's totally the look I'm going for and I hope my turns out just as sweet.  I think I've got every one of those sheets!  Wow.
DistressedBeautiful
Distressed Beautiful
If I sit here on a sunny day, to start my crafty day, invariably I will fall over and take a teeny, tiny nap.  So coz-coz.
Some of the windows have lacy sheers and some have doilies that I've just clothes-pinned to the existing curtain rod.  I love them all.  Which one is your favorite?
I really need to learn how to crochet.  I would love to be able to say, "yep, I made that"  They are so pretty.
Come on over and join me in my crafty, cozy studio.  We can hole up here and enjoy the rain from the inside while enjoying a hot cup of tea or coffee and snacking on some homemade cookies.  What would you like to make?

No comments:

Post a Comment

//